This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Globally setting security on connections?

Topics: User Forum
Mar 5 at 9:47 PM
Hi All,

I am using Terminals 3.6.1 and am looking for an easy way to set two security parameters on all of my imported (from Active Directory) connections. The security settings that I am interested in are 'Enable TLS Authentication', and 'Enable NLA Authentication'.

I have already attempted to perform this task on my own, by following the steps below -

1). Imported AD connections into Terminals
2). Set the appropriate parameters on the first connection in my list
3). Exported all contacts to an XML file

*** Interestingly the key / value pairs for the security settings that I wanted to set did not exist in the XML file for any of the connection entries except for my first ***

4). Performed a search and replace on this line - <redirectClipboard>True</redirectClipboard>, and replaced with these lines -

<redirectClipboard>True</redirectClipboard>
<enableNLAAuthentication>True</enableNLAAuthentication>

Doing the above did not set everything as expected! Instead I still manually need to go through a select the appropriate security settings whenever I use a connection for the first time.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo
Mar 23 at 9:26 PM
You can manually update the favorites in data xml files. See https://terminals.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Backup%20and%20restore%20settings%20files&referringTitle=User%20documentation
There is option for batch operations for properties you request.