New Features Added

Topics: Developer Forum
Sep 19, 2009 at 11:04 PM
Edited Oct 2, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Hi everyone

I really love this software as it is the easiest to use for what it does. However the biggest feature lacking was the ability to save and edit your user names and passwords from a central manager.

What I used to do was to use the default username/password settings to change my passwords each month but now we have a new domain set up with an extra set of credentials and being able to maintain only one changing account is not good enough any more.

So... I decided to modify the program myself since there hasn't been any updates to the software since January and have added in a Credential Manager that can maintain all your logins from a central location. Seing as this is the number one voted Issue some others may enjoy this too.

I have also fixed the problems with the favorite panel which was very annoying (It now remembers whether it was hidden or not and it no longer keeps resizing itself) and I have also added a view menu to the right click menu on the taskbar icon to help with the menu bar issue with the added option on it to hide or show the main menu.

To use the credential manager just go to the security page in the options and add/edit the logins you want to use and then when you add a connection you just need to select the credential or choose custom to change the login details directly.

I have also modified the program and added a new button next to the "Connect to server" button that allows you to "connect to console" without having to change any settings for the connection.

I find this very handy when I'm connecting to servers where other people are already logged on.

The new version I have uploaded here:  http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/37057/Terminals_1.7e_mod.zip

Current Features Added:

• Credential Manager (Update and maintain usernames and passwords from central location)
  • Connect to Console button
  • Fixed favorites panel
  • Added view menu to taskbar right click menu
  • Added main menu item to view menu

If I make any more changes I will upload them to the above location and update the post here.

Anyway I hope you enjoy it (I know I do!!) if you have any bugs with it you can email me on godkratos@orcon.net.nz

Btw, if Rob or any developers are still working on this project please send me an email and I will send you the patch of the changes I made if you want them.

Sep 27, 2009 at 7:26 PM
Edited Oct 2, 2009 at 9:24 PM

The first version I created was based on Terminals 1.7b.

If anyone still wants to use that version you can find it here: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/37057/Terminals_1.7b_mod.zip

Sep 29, 2009 at 2:39 PM

That sounds like a cool mod.  We have a password policy that requires fresh passwords every 60 days.  I'm going to try your modded version.  Thanks!

Sep 30, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Nice mod, is there any chance you can add the code to the latest version, personally its the one im using and im not really having any issues so it would be great to have it on there.

Derek

Oct 2, 2009 at 9:18 PM
Edited Oct 2, 2009 at 10:20 PM

OK, I have migrated to using Terminals 1.7e now.

I fixed the issues in that version that were annoying me (namely the favorite panel bug) and have updated the credential manager for this release.

Also added a view menu to help with the menu bar missing issue

It actually works much better in this version as settings are only saved once you click OK on the options page and not as soon as you add/edit credentials. Also there is no longer a huge delay when modifying settings as the file is only saved once in this version.

I have updated the first post with the new version.

Coordinator
Mar 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Hello.

I'm hijacking this thread in the interest of trying to get ahold of godkratos.

If you are around, would you be so kind as to make sure you have no files checked out for lock/edit.  We are planning on overhauling the source tree and are locked out until this is done!!

Thanks!

-Rob

Mar 9, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Sorry Rob didn't realise I had anything locked out. I'm out of town right now but I'll check when I get back.

I've been working on a private copy of version 1.9 since 2 had been a bit buggy for me but I'll check when I get back.