Terminals software compilation problem with visual studio 2005 professional.

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Oct 10, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Assalamoalaikum,

Iam new to this terminals software. i have downloded the latest source code from this web(codeplex)  i use to compile it on my Visual studio 2005 professional edition.

when i extract the "terminals-59905.zip"  and i extrcated it on path "D:\Project Imp\terminals-59905" i got many directories like Affirma.ThreeSharp, Affirma.ThreeSharpWrapper, Terminals etc but i just opened the Terminals directory and run the "Terminals.csproj"  and build the project  i got error  in the alert box like :

"The source control provider associated with this solution could not be found. The projects will be treated as not under source control. Do you want to permanently remove the source  control bindings from the projects."

when i got "Yes" and "No" buttons and i  pressed "No" button i got another error like:

"Visual studio cannot start debugging because the debug target D:\Project Imp\terminals-59905\Terminals\bin\Debug\Terminals.exe is missing. Please build the project and retry, or set the OutputPath and AssemblyName properties  appropriate to point at the correct location for the target assembly."

i got only "ok" button in the error  box  when i pressed "ok" i got visual studio interface with the "Terminals" Project in it. But when i compile it got errors like below in HexEditor.csproj file  and   SharpPcap.csproj:

1) The imported project "D:\Microsoft.CSharp.targets was not fpund. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct , and that the fike exists on disk.    Kindly explain it thanks.

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Do you have the ability to upgrade to VS.NET 2008?

Give that a shot.

Oct 11, 2009 at 12:40 AM

The first error you get about the source control provider is normal because the project was built using team explorer and includes source paths for syncing to the svn. You can safely ignore that error.

The rest of the errors are probably due to only opening the project under the terminals folder which will not open all the dependencies from the other folders. Instead of opening the terminals/terminals.csproj file trying opening the solution from the terminals.sln file in the root directory.

Oct 11, 2009 at 11:55 AM

when i open the terminals.sln file i got error like:

"The selected file is a solution file, but was created by a newer version of this application and cannot be opened"  i have Visual studio 2005. Thanx for reply

Oct 11, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Thanx for reply.