This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Mouse Jiggler

Topics: Developer Forum
Oct 15, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Hi all - would anybody besides me have interest in a mouse jiggler feature?  My normal workday involves logging into a half-dozen Win2003 boxes via RDP, then using the sessions once every half hour or so.  Since each box has a screen lock timeout (which I can't disable or change),  I end up retyping passwords many, many times.  On my desktop workstation I use a hardware mouse jiggler ( http://www.wiebetech.com/products/MouseJiggler.php ) to defeat the screenlock timeout.  Seems like it would be fairly easy to incorporate a timer into Terminals which sends a 1-pixel mouse movement to each terminal ever X minutes.  I'll volunteer to jump in and write the feature if there's some interest...

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Although it would seem to be a good idea on the outside, it seems that by implementing such a feature would probably get under the skin of so many security experts -and for good reason.

Policies such as this one are in place for a reason, it would be difficult for us to justify time spent on defeating such rudimentary and sometimes necessary security policies.

Thanks.

-Rob