Here are two the solutions:
1. Always run Terminals.exe as administrator (Is there a way to avoid this?)
2. Download the Binaries (not the Installer) to a location other than Program Files and run as normal user
I think the problem is that the program tries to create files to it's directory (in Program Files (x86)), and there file modifycations are allowed only for administrator. The authors may consider placing the config and other files to user's setting
directory (in c:\Users\... or c:\Documents and Settings\...), or handle the problem in an another way.
A big problem:
When I use Step 1 (from Program Files, see above), there is something wrong with window handling, so I can't open any new windows, I can't connect to a machine with RDP. When I use Step 2 (for example in d:\Terminals, see above), it works.
Some small bugs:
1. after install, toolbars are locked but I still can move them. After Unlock + Lock, they are really locked.
2. Tools / Networking tools doesn't do anything
3. In Favorites on the left, after right-click, I can't use Ping, Tracert, etc. Maybe it's connected with bug Nr. 2 above.
4. Favorites toolbar is empty for me, but I have some Favorites
5. When I click Full Screen, it changes, but an another window comes to the top (for example my opened IE)
Some functions tha I miss:
1. A way to send Ctrl+Alt+Del to the machine I'm in with RDP
2. A way in Terminals to Log Off from DRP (not disconnect)
3. An easier way to manage Tags, for example Favorites / right-click / Tags / and click
To the authors: I like your software really much, it helps me and my colleagues a lot. You are making a good job.
Ps.: What is the correct way to report these kind of bugs, wishes, problems: "Discussions" or "Issue tracker"? I'm new on CodePlex.