VNC Connection not working on 1.8b

Topics: User Forum
Nov 23, 2009 at 2:40 PM

I have a VNC server that I can connect to with RealVNC, but I get an error message trying to connect with Terminals. "Sorry, Terminals was unable to connect to the remote machine.  Try again, or check the log for more information." 

In the log I find several messages regarding password decryption.  I did not save this server connection with any password information, and other RDP servers I have, with password settings, connect ok.  I created a 2nd copy of the VNC server entry thinking that maybe it was bad data migrated from my Terminals 1.7 config file.

Log file:

at System.Security.Cryptography.ProtectedData.Unprotect(Byte[] encryptedData, Byte[] optionalEntropy, DataProtectionScope scope)
   at Terminals.Functions.DecryptPassword(String encryptedPassword)
FATAL 2009-11-23 09:27:22,152 145347ms Terminals              on_ThreadException - Application Exception
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'Terminals.Credentials.CredentialSet'.
   at Terminals.NewTerminalForm.CredentialManagerPicturebox_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Most of the log file entries do not have the String casting error, but this entry did.  Most of the errors are just of the DecryptPassword variety.

Any theories?

Thanks,

-Dave

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:00 PM
Edited Dec 4, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Starting new thread.