VNC, VMRC, Minimize to Tray...

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Coordinator
Mar 31, 2007 at 4:45 AM

I decided to take the current source release and add VNC, VMRC and Minimize to Tray (click the icon in the tray toggles visibility).

Download binaries here:

http://tools.mscorlib.com/

I can send you guys the working source if you want to commit it to the project for everyone else.

Its a first rough cut, NO QA was done on this build.

-Rob
Coordinator
Mar 31, 2007 at 11:22 PM

Supports:
RDP
VNC
VMRC
Telnet
SSH

Also:
Minimize to tray
Terminal Screen Capture

Download the preview from here: http://tools.mscorlib.com/
Apr 1, 2007 at 8:33 PM
Rob,

I appreciate your work. We (Me and Dudu) already started working on integrating VNC be didn't get a chance to finish it - you came just in time :)
Anyway, I added you as a developer and you can check in your changes. I would review your changes and we'll hopefully release a new version with these changes soon.
What I was planning to do is define an interface that would allow a "semi" plugin architecture so we can later easily integrate other "hosts" (altough it seems with your changes we're already supporting everything :))
If needed, I will refactor your work into this architecture and then we'll release a new version.

Again - Thanks for contributing to this project!

Coordinator
Apr 2, 2007 at 8:10 PM
Thanks for the add.

I have created a IConnection interface, and an abstract class Connection for the very purpose of allowing a "semi" plugin architecture. Along with the RDPConnection as well. I had to refactor much of the code around the RDP session in the MainForm. I move all that was necessary into the RDPConnection.

I recently added RAS connections as well. So in the interface you can choose from the list of EXISTING vpn connections (or whatever) and dial them. The UI in the TerminalTabPage is logging & connection status. Ive tested VPN but nothing like Dialup or anything and it works quite nice.

I will push my most recent build in asap.

-Rob
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2007 at 9:14 PM
Everyone,

I have managed to get all of the source into this project's repository. Feel free to download and build/test on your own.

Thanks,

-Rob