Client side keep-alive

Topics: Developer Forum
Apr 19, 2007 at 9:20 PM
Hi All.
First time poster here.
I'm loving Terminals. It's really streamlined some annoying tasks.

I did have one feature request that I was thinking of trying to code up:
Client side Keep-Alive.

A couple of the machines I work with have an annoying tendency to disconnect and reset my session when I walk away from them for a few minutes. It occurred to me that Terminals could be coded to send a little mouse twitch every 5 minutes or so... ensuring that the session wouldn't die.

Just thought I'd throw the idea out there and see what everyone thought.

Thanks!
Chris
Aug 21, 2007 at 12:56 AM
Hi
Would be a nice feature but it should be possible to enable and disable it.

Thanks
Daniel
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2007 at 5:08 PM

If you are on a domian, in the "Sessions" tab, there are settings to control this behaviour.
Aug 22, 2007 at 9:20 AM
I have the same problem, would be nice to have
Oct 14, 2008 at 10:45 AM
*bump*
same problem here
Oct 14, 2008 at 1:09 PM
It would be a really useful feature. Some companies have a security policy to lock the desktop if not used for 3 mins. That is way too short for my liking (especially coupled with a complex psw). I know this would compromise security but most of the time I leave the desktop for more than 3 mins and end up typing the psw > 50 times / day (although this helps in learnig to speed type those special characters)
Oct 15, 2008 at 9:00 AM
Slightly different in my case. I got disconnected after some period of time being idle. It's not the case with the built-in windows client - only with Terminals.
On the other hand, I wonder if it's not a VPN issue... But still, with Windows client I hardly ever experience disconnection problems.