This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Experience Controls - Background

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Aug 29, 2007 at 2:43 AM
I love this concept but have one issue: I cant see the backgrounds of the servers I connect to? It seems that this option has been universally switched off? Most of the time I agree with this and dont want a background as it slows everything down. However I run bginfo.exe (sysinternals) which updates the background with stats and info on login. I cannot see the background and cant seem to change this functionality? is there a switch or something I can use? otherwise the standard tick-boxes would be idea - just tick background. Cheers.
Aug 29, 2007 at 4:30 AM
There is a check box in the new connection wizard (under the Advanced tab page) that you can check in order to enable desktop background. I must point that I do not use it and still I can see bginfo backgrounds on all of my servers. There could be a setting on the server or something in the policy group level of the domain.
Aug 29, 2007 at 9:32 AM
On further testing you are correct. the backgrounds do show on other servers but on some of my clients there must be a group policy set (or similar) as all of their servers don't allow me to view the background. So, all is good. However, one note: I don't have a tick-box as you have explained. On the Advanced tab I have 'Desktop Size' + 'Colors' + 'remote server port' + 'connect to console' - thats it! not sure why but there are none of these 'experience' options. I just downloaded this a few days ago so assume I'm on the latest version (V1). Cheers for the reply, I appreciate your response. J
Aug 29, 2007 at 12:36 PM
Try downloading our latest sources build. http://tools.mscorlib.com.