This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

couple issues with vnc and ssh

Topics: Developer Forum
Nov 14, 2007 at 4:28 PM
When I ssh in to my ubuntu 7.10 box at home the terminal text is overlapping and hard to read.

I also have a problem when I vnc into this same box it makes me save the password before I can get in....I would like to not save the password in the terminal program and have it prompt me when connecting much like ultravnc would do. I would also like to see the ability to set the connection speed much like ultra vnc....when connecting to a vnc box accross internet it is nice to be able to control the compression for faster speeds.
Nov 17, 2007 at 9:18 PM
Terminals will now ask for the VNC password if none is specified in the favorite or default password in the app.

I still need to determine fix's for:
1. the text (I hope it is just the default font used)
2. connection speed/performance settings
Nov 17, 2007 at 9:56 PM

The text rendering issue was just the default font.

Courier New seems to be a good font to use.

telnetfont="Font: Name=Courier New, Size=9.75, Units=3, GdiCharSet=0, GdiVerticalFont=False"

Nov 17, 2007 at 10:21 PM
Unfortunately the VNCSharp library does not expose nor does it appear to support any sort of compression...

http://cdot.senecac.on.ca/projects/vncsharp/architecture.html

Nov 19, 2007 at 2:16 PM
I would really like to see a way to do compression with this application...It would allow me to get rid of using other vnc applications and use this exclusively for all my remote needs.

Thanks for fixing the other issues I am now able to read the text and also it does prompt me for the password. Now if we can just allow different forms of compression.

if you look at ultravnc viewer it is titled format and encoding.