This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

I can't backup to Amazon S3

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 28, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I am using the 1.9 beta release, but I think this issue has not been solved, from what I have seen in previous posts.
When I test the connection to Amazon I get "Test was successful", however when I click on Backup nothing happens.
What I understand from the Logs below, is that I am trying to use an existing bucket under Amazon, which, my guess is, Robert, belongs to you.  Hence you will be the only one who can use it, and to whom this feature works. 
This is just a guess.  Do you think we can back up to a certain bucket?

FYI, the Log shows the below:

FATAL 2010-02-28 19:40:56,199 499489ms Terminals              on_ThreadException - Application Exception
Affirma.ThreeSharp.ThreeSharpException: The requested bucket name is not available. The bucket namespace is shared by all users of the system. Please select a different name and try again.
   at Affirma.ThreeSharp.Query.ThreeSharpQuery.ThrowIfErrors(HttpWebResponse httpWebResponse)
   at Affirma.ThreeSharp.Query.ThreeSharpQuery.Invoke[T](Request request)
   at Affirma.ThreeSharp.Query.ThreeSharpQuery.BucketAdd(BucketAddRequest request)
   at Affirma.ThreeSharp.Wrapper.ThreeSharpWrapper.AddBucket(String bucketName)
   at Terminals.OptionsForm.BackupButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Mar 5, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Please see this thread regarding Amazon S3 Backup - http://terminals.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=40555