This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Favorites/Organize Favorites Toolbar does nothing v1.8c

Topics: User Forum
Oct 22, 2010 at 11:28 PM

I have ~50 saved connections in Terminals v1.8c. When I select the Favorites menu, then Organize Toolbar Favorites, nothing happens.

Perhaps I don't understand the funcionality of this selection. I am trying to re-arrange my toolbar favorites. Does the "Organize Toolbar Favorites" option just refresh the toolbar?

Thanks,

Bill

Oct 25, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I think it is supposed to do what you want, but does not work.

Looking at the code, the menu option creates a form which should allow you to change the position of the connections on the favorites toolbar. But it never actually SHOWS the form and so you can't interact with it.

You can achieve the same results by editing the terminals.config directly using something like notepad.  You should see a section (probably near the bottom) called   <favoritesButtonsList>  which lists the connections which appear in the favorites toolbar and the order they appear in this list is the order they appear in the toolbar. So it is quite easy to cut and paste to move them around.

Before editing  terminals.config it is best to make sure that terminals is not running and also that you have a backup the config file.

Nov 16, 2010 at 6:44 AM

The button was added but the functionality was not.

I'm not sure exactly what Roberts intentions were for this button so I'm just going to hide it for now...

Nov 16, 2010 at 9:22 AM

It only seems to take one line to enable to the functionality.   

private void organizeFavoritesToolbarToolStripMenuItem_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)        
	{            
		OrganizeFavoritesToolbarForm frmOrganizeFavoritesToolbar = new OrganizeFavoritesToolbarForm();            
		frmOrganizeFavoritesToolbar.ShowDialog();            // Add this line
		LoadFavoritesToolbar();        
	}