This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Save credentials for a local account

May 19, 2011 at 6:47 PM
Edited May 19, 2011 at 7:46 PM

I often have to log in to the Local Admin Account on remote computers. I can save Username/password but how do I make the connect change it's "Domain" to whatever the hostname is?

I tried "this computer" as the domain, it did not work.

any ideas on how I can make this automatic?

thanks!

EDIT: Or, I would be fine with the connection started, it enters my name and password, then I manually pick which doman..is that possible?

May 20, 2011 at 8:09 AM

Just leave empty the "domain" field, or try with "." (a "dot")

May 20, 2011 at 2:44 PM
Edited May 20, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately those did not work.

I have also Tried: %COMPUTERNAME%, %HOSTNAME%, this computer, (this computer), %connectionname%..all with a variation of spaces between words.

It's unfortunate they overlooked this one issue when designing it. I hope they add it to the newer builds. 

I Found One Work Around that I don't really like. 

Make a credential called "Local Account, no domain" - Give it a user name and password, but leave the domain empty. When creating a new connection, use the drop down box to select this credential, then right away select the "(Custom)"..that will unlock the fields, and you can add the hostname as the domain. (I wish there was an option to SAVE here and not CONNECT right away)...then next time you connect if you just connect as is, it's local, if you need a domain account, you can right click->connect as->your domain credential.

not perfect, but it's alright.