This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

1.6j Active Directory

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
May 1, 2008 at 1:00 PM
I tried to use the active directory feature and once I clicked on the button the application became unresponsive. After about 5 minutes I tried to kill it but it still took another 2-3 minutes before it would finally shutdown.

I launched the application again and it looks like it was loading everything in Active Directory into my favorites, is this the intended behavior? The application is also responding very slow since the servers have been added. It could be due to the large number of machines now present now in the config file.

Would it be possible to not automatically import the entire active directory, but instead bring up a dialog box or something similar that would allow me to select which machines or groups to bring in?

Thanks,
Coordinator
May 1, 2008 at 4:25 PM

What you didnt just want every single computer on the domain imported?? :) My bad. I did put some thought into a UI around that import instead of just hiding the action but decided against it (no idea why). That will be my next task.

Thanks.

May 2, 2008 at 3:34 PM
Wow!!

Thanks alsot
Coordinator
May 2, 2008 at 4:33 PM
Edited May 2, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Pretty much done, will need to go through testing of course. here is what the dialog looks like:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3217/2458975543_a34773001e_o_d.jpg

The grid is editable inline, hit OK and all that are marked for "Import" will be imported.
May 8, 2008 at 4:12 PM
Would there be any way to have a means to filter to a specific OU. I work in an environment where the domain consists of thousands of computers, but we manage the computers in our department by putting them into a specific OU. If I could just import the one's in that OU, that would be great.
Coordinator
May 8, 2008 at 4:36 PM
Would you want to filter by, or just have the tool tag by OU? Still import all the machines but essentially group them all by the OU values?

May 8, 2008 at 9:32 PM

RobChartier wrote:
Would you want to filter by, or just have the tool tag by OU? Still import all the machines but essentially group them all by the OU values?

I'd prefer to only have it show me the one's that are in a certain OU. I like the option that you have where it shows you the computers that are available and you click the check box to add those to your favorites.

So not 'still import all the machines', if that makes sense.