Tags and Quick Search

Topics: Developer Forum
Sep 13, 2011 at 12:34 PM

I love this software!

Here is an idea for your consideration.

Ultimately, I would love to have the ability to filter/search for a connection based on Tags. Now, to make this "QuickSearch" useful, a second request would be to have the ability to have "hidden tags" associated with a connection. "Hidden" so that these tags do not appear Favourites side panel. That way, I can tag servers with lots of related information without cluttering up the left hand side panel.

The scenario that routinely happens to me is described in the lovely story below - and this is how i envision the QuickSearch will work:

Using Terminals to help me, I tagged one of my Exchange servers "Exchange#4" with the following "hidden tags": "Bob Dylan", "Monday", "Powershell", "script" and a normal tag (that appears in the sidebar) "Exchange".

Bob Dylan - routinely asks me to execute Exchange Powershell scripts sporadically on Mondays. I soon release i can't remember what server is Bob Dylan's as i have 5 exchange servers tagged "Exchange". Fear not, using Terminal's new "Quick search" i can type in the tags: Monday, Bob Dylan....etc and soon enough, Terminals filters down the connection to the server i'm after Exchange#4

Cheers for the great software.

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2011 at 7:30 PM

This is already assigned feature request for next version. You can vote for it in issue Tracker.

Sep 19, 2011 at 11:49 AM
Edited Sep 19, 2011 at 11:50 AM
jirkapok wrote:

This is already assigned feature request for next version. You can vote for it in issue Tracker.

Oh! Sorry. :( That's great - thanks.

Here it is: http://terminals.codeplex.com/workitem/30914