This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

upgrade from 1.8c to 2rc1

Topics: User Forum
Sep 28, 2011 at 11:15 PM

is there a proper method to perform this upgrade.

i tried to install 2rc1 into a fresh directory, then i copied the terminals.config from the 1.8c directory to the new 2rc1 directory.

all my "favorites" were there but the passwords were all gone --- is there a way around this?

thanks

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Hi,

I am new on terminals since last version, i am not sure with the stored credentials, but i expect, there was no change since version 1.8. Refer online documentation, where to find all files and their meaning.

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:58 PM

the issue is i think either this is a bug or i am doing something wrong --- i have done this same technique on previous upgrades... i have researched this and am not sure where to go from here.   who can help me figure out how to succesfully execute this upgrade without loosing my passwords...

thanks

Coordinator
Oct 2, 2011 at 2:32 PM

O sorry o forget, there is an issue reported concerning passwords manipulation in version 2 RC1. Probably your problems isn't related to the upgrade, but to the passwords in RC1. If you don't have backup, than your passwords are lost.

Oct 3, 2011 at 4:54 PM

i still have my original 1.8c terminals.config file -- so i did not loose anything --- just trying to figure out what i need to do to drop that into my install on v2rc1 and have it work --- should i wait for an rc2 or is there something else i can try?

thanks

Coordinator
Oct 3, 2011 at 8:52 PM

OK, than search for credentials.xml file. I don't know in which version it was added, but if you find it and backup also before upgrade. Another possibility is to export favorites from your current version into xml file and in export dialog check "export passwords". After upgrade you can import this file again. It should work.

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:56 AM

i tried copying both the files over -- but that did not work

i also tried "Tool --> export connection list" and i see the chekbox for export passwords - -but i do not see anything listed in the large box to select...