This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Character set translation in telnet session?

Topics: User Forum
Oct 12, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Hello,

is possible in any way do character translation in telnet session?
Server, where we connect to, uses ISO-8859-2 (Latin-2, East Europe) encoding, so extendend characters are misinterpreted in terminal window :-|

Tom

Oct 13, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Hi, simple as every time: yes, there is no way. There is also a reported issue, that it is no possible to change the terminal behavior.

Check the issues list. :-(

Oct 13, 2011 at 7:25 AM

Čauky Jiří,

thank for your reply. I was searching Issue Tracker but found no related issue, so i asked here.
There is already  method WalburySoftware.TerminalEmulator.SelectCharSet(ref WalburySoftware.TerminalEmulator.uc_Chars.Sets, string)
the terminal does some charset detection via escape coedes from server response and there is an enumeration for translation from other character sets ... WalburySoftware.TerminalEmulator.uc_Chars.Sets
and it does some character translation.

May be to add character translation via some settings is not so hard job?

Tom

CurString)

SelectCharSet

Oct 13, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Ok, you are right, but i am overloaded with correcting another bugs. Actually i am working on improvements in terminal session scrollbar handling. Then i noticed, that there are some crashes, when trying to do copy/paste and maybe then...

But, if you already found the configuration you can propose patch, and i will have a look at it. Actually i don't have resources to try different encoding configurations.