This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can you create Tags within Tags?

Topics: User Forum
Nov 10, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Just wondering if it's possible or if a feature will come soon. I have three different domain environments, and I would like to keep them separate by having top-level tags listed as domain1, domain2, domain3. Then, I can set the credentials at the top level of each and have them trickle down. Does this exist in some way or is it coming in an update?

Nov 11, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Y, there is a possibility to define Tags as "Folders" in favorites tree. To do so go to connection options > Tags tab page.
But there is actually no choice to define more than one level. There is already request for this feature, which definitely wouldn't be released in current version.

Apr 23, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I have used multiple desktop managers and I would have to say that this tool has a LOT going for it but one of the biggest disadvantages is the inability to nest tags.

I manage hundreds of connections at dozens of sites. Most all of them follow some skema where I try to organize the connections of hosts, switches, storage, and virtual systems.

To have these all "flat" via a single level of tags makes this almost unusable. I use to have the organization of systems by DNS context and then within that I would have basic groups of "physical devices" "Virtual Systems" but now I have a list of hundreds of tags which makes scrolling to find a session very difficult.

Is this feature in the version 3.x feature request / roadmap?
Apr 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM
No, not in current development version. But it has high priority for one of next releases.
Apr 23, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Edited Apr 23, 2013 at 7:26 PM
jirkapok wrote:
No, not in current development version. But it has high priority for one of next releases.
I noticed tagging was removed in v3 so that we're left with Groups. I was wondering why? Also, you wouldn't happen to know how soon we can see nesting in an upcoming build would you?
Apr 24, 2013 at 3:36 PM
  • Tags were removed because of duplicate functionality with Groups (unified into Groups)
  • Next steps are followed by priorities in Issues tracker. You can vote for them (or donate to move requested feature upper in the list)
    As you can see, net priority is "Reconnect after reboot of remote server" and then "Find"