This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Monitor spanning support?

Topics: User Forum
Jul 31, 2008 at 1:49 AM
I read a blog post about a feature Microsoft released for Remote Desktop Connection 6.0.  The feature is called monitor spanning and it supports high-resolution displays that can be spanned across multiple monitors up to 4096x2048.  It uses the /span switch or /w:# /h:# switches.

Is this already supported in Terminals?  I tried looking for an option in the Terminals setting, but could not find anything.  I apologize if this is a duplicate post, but I could not find any more information regarding this.

Thanks!
Jul 31, 2008 at 3:46 AM
I'll answer my question:

It looks like it does!  I just purchased another monitor and it looks great.  I think I'll purchase SplitView to take advantage of spanning so it feels like a true multi-monitor setup.
Sep 2, 2008 at 5:09 PM

Some of the newer features like /span are going to take some time to get into the build, mostly because of my attempt at backwards compatibility.  Another example of this is the Gateway features.  It is obviously only available in the new API which would potentially break all "older" clients.