This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Move multiple servers to tag

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Aug 15, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Hi.

First of all... love your program. Really helpful.

I have scanned my server vlan, and that gave me a 210 servers. Now I want to sort all these servers. I have made tags like "Citrix", "Terminal servers" and "Production servers".

Is there a way to move multiple servers from one tag to another? I have only found a way to move one server at the time and its gonna take a long time to sort all of these servers this way

BR Mcpeterc

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Hi,

There is no option in Terminals to add tags to multiple servers at once. I'm going to create a work item for it for the future, but unfortunately I will not help you at this moment.

Niels

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:18 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Aug 15, 2012 at 8:12 PM

hups, I answered in the issues tracker, similar like nielsdvc, ignore my answer.

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:41 PM

For anyone else looking, I simply edited the terminals.config file with notepad in the program folder, and replaced tags="" with tags="whatever"

Works great if you're moving everything to a new tag folder.  Also, if you have multiple servers and tags to move to various locaitons, much faster to just edit the file and work through them - just copy the tag for one site, highlight and Control+V to paste the new info in at the bottom of each server's information.  A lot faster than manually doing them one at a time through the GUI.

Will be better if they have a good way to group them in the GUI in a future version but for the time being, at least this is a quicker way to handle it.