This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

The terminal server has exceeded .... [a bit OT]

Topics: User Forum
Nov 20, 2008 at 11:11 PM
Hi - I'd like to try using 'Terminals' but we already have 2 users using conventional Remote Desktop to access the server in question. Any more results in 'The Terminal Server has exceeded the maximum number of allowed connections'.

I'm presuming that trying to use Terminals whilst the other two are active will result in the same thing.

Can someone tell me the name of the thing we need to buy to allow more RD sessions on that server ? Better still a link to an online reseller !

When I search for this I just get lots of information about how to bounce off unwanted users but I just want to have more !

thanks

R
Dec 9, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Have you tried search google/msdn?

Which operating sytem are you using?
Dec 9, 2008 at 8:56 PM
Thanks for your reply.
The server is Windows 2003. The clients are a mix of XP and Vista.
I have tried googling but the terms involved are quite generic and most of the search hits revolve around telling you how to you remove unwanted sessions. I don't want to remove any sessions I just want to have more of them. I'm really hoping that there's something called a "More Users Allowed on Remote Desktop License" that I can buy - I'm sure it must exist but what it's called I can't figure out.
thanks
Richard.
On 9 Dec 2008 09:42:35 -0800, "RobChartier" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Have you tried search google/msdn?

Which operating sytem are you using?
--_----------=_12288561684021--
Dec 9, 2008 at 11:34 PM
You would need to setup Terminal Services and purchasing some TS CAL's (Terminal Services Client Access Licenses' from Microsoft (Or your reseller)

2003 Server:- Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Add/Remove Windows Components -> Teminal Server & Terminal Server Licensing

Windows 2003 Server only lets two concurrent users use RDP to connect to the server and if you want more the only way is to go down the Terminal Server route.

For more info on Terminal Services and Licensing FAQ's etc see http://www.microsoft.com/ts

Cheers,

Stephen
Dec 10, 2008 at 9:26 PM
That's really great thanks - I've now been able to ask the reseller for
the right thing and so will be able to buy some more 'client access
licenses' - after that I'll be able to give Terminal a go !. Thanks for
your help.

regards

Richard.

On 9 Dec 2008 15:34:55 -0800, "Stephen" <notifications@codeplex.com>
said:
> From: Stephen