This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Administrator permissions to use?

Topics: User Forum
Nov 25, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Hello everyone. When Terminals in installed "just for me" on a Win7x64 PC, I nevertheless have to use a local administrator's account to launch Terminals every time. The program is installed in a user's controlled directory (e.g. D:\Terminals).

Is there a way to launch Terminals without local administrator's rights? Or install it in user's profile directory (e.g. AppData)?

Nov 25, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Edited Nov 25, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Yes, install it directory, where you have full control rights. Or download a zip package without install and run from directory, where you have full control as a portable version. Next version focus is primary to remove this UAC troubles.

Sep 19, 2013 at 7:48 AM
I'm a fan of Terminals, but running into the same issue.

In a typical enterprise PC running Win 7 the following rules apply.
You start application, like terminals, using a non-administrator account. This account cannot install software, and is only allowed to run programs from ONLY the locations c:\program files and c:\program files(x86). AND has no change rights in this directories. If the program needs to write data, it should do that in a proper location (eg. AppData)
So, In this situation you use a local administrator to install the program and run terminals under a different account.
So if you start Terminats, and if Terminals tries to write to a location thats not permitted, you are prompted to login with an administrator account. (or at least an account with more privaleges)

Currently running 2.0, but I dont see changes on this issue documented in newer versions.
Sep 19, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Definitely try latest version. UAC issue was fixed i 3.0.