This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Why does terminals minimze to the notification area and not the taskbar?

Topics: User Forum
Dec 13, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I find it annoying that upon minimize terminals shrinks to a notification icon and the taskbar doesn't show it running at all.

Is there a way to control that behavior?  What's the advantage of that behavior?

In particular I've got a dual screen setup and I like to leave it on the left screen maximized.  For whatever reason I have a bad habit of clicking the minimize button for all of terminals instead of for the full screen app I'm running inside terminals.

Every time I do it, I have to click the ^ button to show me all my notifications, then click on terminals to bring it back.

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Edited Dec 13, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I personally also don't like this feature. To be really annoying it is enabled by default. But it is there (like other not user friendly features) already few years.
To disable, go to Tools > Options > Interface. In group "System Tray" uncheck the "Minimize to system tray" option and confirm changes.

Tip: you can disable it as one of the options available during first run wizard (first time you run the app. directly after install).

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Much nicer, thanks. I'm sure that turns off a lot of new users.

fyi: I also found the full screen option in there. That is also
something I was trying to find.

I know I had looked in the options at least once for this. Not sure
how I missed it before.

Greg