This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Interactive logon: Message text for users attempting to log on

Topics: User Forum
Aug 23, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I have a problem about Interactive logon: Message text for users attempting to log on
when i use credential management assigning user and password connect to windows server 2008. terminals can't auto sign-in to that server but not a problem with windows server 2003
Sep 11, 2013 at 7:57 AM
I've seen this for both windows 2003 and 2008. If a server is configured to show a message before it lets You connect then terminals credential manager can't login the user automatically. At best it will populate the username field and You still have to enter the password. Windows allows You to save an RDP connection and set it to remember the password. This connection will then automatically login the user after clicking the OK button.
It would be nice if terminals could work around this warning message especially since this is implemented in standard windows RDP connection settings.
Sep 11, 2013 at 6:22 PM
I have not come across this issue and all of our servers have a warning that requires you to click ok to continue. Here are two things to check. First try using the built in MSTSC client with a saved password connection and see if you can reproduce the problem. I'd also check to see if you have a Group Policy that forces the user to enter credentials before logging on. Details can be found in this article. TEXT
Oct 9, 2013 at 8:36 AM
I've performed some test and indeed it seems that the group policy You mentioned is preventing automatic login with the saved password. Both terminals and .rdp connections worked the same. I performed the tests on our test servers but I remember some of our clients servers where I was able to use the saved password in a standard .rdp saved connection but terminals wouldn't login automatically. I still have those connections but they are from a while ago and I can't access those servers anymore. Most likely the RDP version was also different when I created them (I created them with the sole purpose of being able to save the password and automatically login). If I encounter the same situation I'll post an update.