This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

desktopSize="AutoScale"?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 20, 2009 at 8:37 PM

I've used Terminal on and off for over a year now. The last version I had was 1.6l. I just noticed the latest version is 1.7e, so I downloaded and installed that. I've run into a problem (bug? config setting?) that I can't seem to figure out how to fix/change, so perhaps someone here can assist.

Whenever I open a new RDP session the font on the server is very, very tiny - almost too small to see. Looking through the Terminals.config file I found a setting that says desktopSize="AutoScale", which seems to be the problem. If I change that to desktopSize="FitToWindow", like the older version used to do, then everything is fine. I checked a bunch of the older Change Logs to see if I could find a reference to that, but I wasn't able to.

Can someone please tell me how I make it so every time I open an RDP session I can get the desktopSize="FitToWindow" associated to that server  instead of desktopSize="AutoScale"?

Thanks...

Feb 22, 2009 at 6:03 AM
When you create a new onnection in Terminals, choose "Fit To Window" from the dropdown called "Desktop Size" on the RDP tab.
Feb 26, 2009 at 2:14 PM
I do see that option. Thanks for that. Is there anyway to change what the default setting is though? The 1.7 product seems to use something different then 1.6 did, so every connection I make would need to have that option reset. I work in a datacenter with over 1000 servers, so you can imagine how much of a pain that would be fro me.
Mar 1, 2009 at 4:55 AM
It really shouldn't be doing that.  Accoring to https://terminals.svn.codeplex.com/svn/Terminals/Configuration/FavoriteConfigurationElement.cs (the SVN copy of the code for the favourites) the default is meant to be "Fit To Window" - although I note that even on mine, it tries to pick "Auto Scale".

I suppose the only way I can think of to fix it is to log it as an issue and wait for a release, or create a custom build for yourself which doesn't have the issue.
Apr 23, 2009 at 3:19 PM
Edited Apr 28, 2009 at 3:10 PM
This tool is fantastic, and I it used to work great in my envionrment, but since the "AutoScale" feature became the default I cannot use it any more and need to start looking for another solution that works as well.  I have upgarded several times but since, it think it was the "c" verison the "FitToWindow" feature cannot be set to the default so I can no longer use the autoconnect feature, and with hundres of servers to manage I cannot use this tool anymore.  I'll keep checking back and hopefully another version will fix the "feature" again but until now I need to find something else.

I found a old download "Terminals1.6l" now I can use the tool again, I'll just have to avoid upgrading until this feature changes.