This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

VNC Port setting not used

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
May 21, 2009 at 11:01 AM
Edited May 21, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Hi,

Just started using Terminals (loving it) but I have 1 problem.  A few of our Windows boxes run VNC on an alternative port (5910).  I've set the connection to use this port and it seems to have saved correctly (when I go back to edit it its still in there).  When I try to connect it uses the default port - 5900.  The log file verifies this:

VncSharp.VncProtocolException: Unable to connect to the server. Error was: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it x.x.x.x:5900 ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it x.x.x.x:5900

Otherwise, fantastic bit of software!

(Apologies if this has been posted before, I did search but could only find an entry in 2007 regarding VNC ports and a later one regarding SSH).

> Sorry, just realised I should have posted this in Issue Tracker I guess.

May 21, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Just realised that the port setting was actually implemented as the display number on the VNC tab.  Another one for the trash can, Mr Moderator!  Sorry for the disk space....!

Jan 11, 2011 at 2:32 PM

So how do I set an alternate port for a vnc connection? I can't seem to figure that one out...