This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Some Suggestions

Topics: Developer Forum
Jun 29, 2009 at 4:05 PM

I've used mremote for some time now and find it fantasic. Some suggestions for Terminals that mremote does:

• Have an option to Auto collapse the Favorites panel - to maximise working screen space
  • Remove some of the bloat (all of the shortcuts to application on my PC are unneccessary and confusing on the right click of a remote connection)
  • Have an Execute after option - this would allow you to dial up a VPN connection before connecting and disconnect after (to dial: rasphone.exe -d "Connection name", to disconnect: rasphone.exe -h "Connection name")
  • Inheritable properties from the group is great (eg. Username/domain/password) - this might be tricky in Terminals becuase of the way it works with Tags
  • Showing the chosen icon for the connection in the Favorites side panel
  • Providing some stock icons

That's all I can think of for now. Nice looking product.

Jun 30, 2009 at 7:32 AM

I'm all for autocollapsing Favorities panel. Working on laptops with a small resolution you realy want all the screen estate to be used for the desktop. Using fit to window and an open favorities panel will sacrifice screen estate even if you close the favorities panel. If it collapsed after initiating a connection then it would be a lot more usefull (at least for me).

Jun 30, 2009 at 8:59 AM

I'm not sure if this option is already included, but I couldn't find it.

Would be handy to have an option to automaticly log off all the open sessions when you close terminals.

This way after a day's work when I have a couple of sessions open I don't have to close them all manual. Also the problem is that almost all of them have password protection when you are idle for like 10 minutes.

Maybe an option that when you resume your session that the username/pw is automaticly entered.

Thanks for the program, really great.