This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Capture Manager disappeared!

Jul 25, 2009 at 2:19 AM

Hello,

Suddenly, without warning, I can no longer get to capture manager! If I click the capture manager icon on the shortcut bar the "unnamed tab" for capture manager opens but there is nothing in that tab. It's blank. I have pictures in the CaptureRoot folder, though. Has anyone encountered this? Any ideas for a fix?

Thanks,

Jul 25, 2009 at 2:40 AM

Interesting developments.

I "reinstalled" Terminals. Oka,y I really just renamed the Terminals folder with a .old suffix and then unzipped the original Terminals download. Capture manager was functioning fine. I then copied over my CaptureRoot folder as well as my terminals.config file. Capture manager disappears. I removed my terminals.config file and let Terminals create a new one and capture manager is back.

Just when I got my connections the way I liked them, now I've got to remake them all... unless I want to copy and paste some XML. :'(

Jul 25, 2009 at 9:34 PM

I did some hacking on the Terminals.config file and discovered that there is one option in the <Settings [...] > tag that is causing this disappearance. It's showInformationToolTips="true". Changing the setting to "false" or removing that line altogether makes Capture Manager reappear. For those interested (developers?), here's the settings portion of the Terminals.config file.

<settings showUserNameInTitle="false" portScanTimeoutSeconds="5"
        minimizeToTray="false" defaultSortProperty="ConnectionName"
        enableFavoritesPanel="true" enableGroupsMenu="true" warnOnConnectionClose="true"
        forceComputerNamesAsURI="true" favoritePanelWidth="496" terminalsPassword="fa00c3aa8b85af95807ee28f75a6d4e8e70744f73056a8b24b68129fab2c11690c95e410154b4d48016c779c395c16fed01fb1653600c0899242865a1e774029"
        defaultDomain="" defaultUsername="" encryptedDefaultPassword="KygjEr8gcFGW+5xDPxXFEg=="
        encryptedAmazonAccessKey="KygjEr8gcFGW+5xDPxXFEg==" encryptedAmazonSecretKey="KygjEr8gcFGW+5xDPxXFEg=="
        autoCaseTags="false" useAmazon="false" useProxy="false" showInformationToolTips="false"
        showFullInformationToolTips="true" defaultDesktopShare=""
        executeBeforeConnect="false" executeBeforeConnectCommand=""
        executeBeforeConnectArgs="" executeBeforeConnectInitialDirectory=""
        executeBeforeConnectWaitForExit="false" showConfirmDialog="true"
        saveConnectionsOnClose="false" singleInstance="false" autoSwitchOnCapture="true"
        autoExapandTagsPanel="false" office2007BlueFeel="true" office2007BlackFeel="false"
        toolbarsLocked="false" showWizard="false" captureRoot=".\CaptureRoot">

<settings showUserNameInTitle="false" portScanTimeoutSeconds="5"

minimizeToTray="false" defaultSortProperty="ConnectionName"

enableFavoritesPanel="true" enableGroupsMenu="true" warnOnConnectionClose="true"

forceComputerNamesAsURI="true" favoritePanelWidth="496" terminalsPassword="Wouldn't you like to know! =)"

defaultDomain="" defaultUsername="" encryptedDefaultPassword="Wouldn't you like to know! =)"

encryptedAmazonAccessKey="Wouldn't you like to know! =)" encryptedAmazonSecretKey="Wouldn't you like to know! =)"

autoCaseTags="false" useAmazon="false" useProxy="false" showInformationToolTips="false"  //That last one seems to be the troublemaker!

showFullInformationToolTips="true" defaultDesktopShare=""

executeBeforeConnect="false" executeBeforeConnectCommand=""

executeBeforeConnectArgs="" executeBeforeConnectInitialDirectory=""

executeBeforeConnectWaitForExit="false" showConfirmDialog="true"

saveConnectionsOnClose="false" singleInstance="false" autoSwitchOnCapture="true"

autoExapandTagsPanel="false" office2007BlueFeel="true" office2007BlackFeel="false"

toolbarsLocked="false" showWizard="false" captureRoot=".\CaptureRoot">