This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

SSH connection error "User authentication failed."

Topics: User Forum
Jan 27, 2016 at 5:20 PM
When i connect on SUSE linux Servers the terminals shows me this error "User authentication failed.", but when i connect on CentOS Server it works. Anyone Know why this happening?

Obs: In others tools it works, like putty, ssh secure shell, etc...
Feb 9, 2016 at 8:44 AM
Hi,

Got the same symptoms here when trying to connect to and ESX server in SSH with Terminals.

From my opinion, the error is coming cause Terminals is unable to manage the rsa2 key fingerprint presented by my server.
I don't know if like in Putty, this server fingerprint can be added manually somewhere in the interface or in a parameter file to avoid this authentication error ?
I searched in the documentation but found nothing about this. If someone has an answer for this, I'll be grateful.

I saw that there is a project to update the ssh library by portable putty. Maybe when this will be implemented, the issue will be solved ?

Many thanks for you future answers and the great job done with Terminals. Love this application.
Feb 11, 2016 at 6:14 PM
+1 for getting this fixed. I can't do any SSH connections. Putty works fine, however.
Mar 2, 2016 at 12:18 PM
Putty works fine with SLES 10 and SLES 11 , Terminals with same parameters does not work. Is it a bug ?