This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Terminals 1.8a crashes when minimized

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Very simple, the application is working just fine. I can have multiple connections open and everyone is happy UNTIL...   ... I click the bar to minimize the application. At which point the application disappears off the taskbar, the window closes and is no more. The RDP connections get abandoned as active on the machines I am working on, the process stays active in Task Manager but the windows is gone and I have no idea how to get it back or if I even can (yes I have tried "alt+tab").

There is no specific error (that I see in the event logs) for this occurence.
I have tried uninstalling / re-installing.

Please let me know what other information might be helpful when you get around to looking at this issue.

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:28 AM
Edited Oct 30, 2009 at 2:29 AM

By default the application minimises to the tray area and should be showing an icon in your system tray.

With Windows 7 most icons are hidden by default and you need to click the arrow next to the tray area and select the "customize icons" option and you can set the behaviour of the icons as to whether they are displayed all the time or not. (Show icon and Notifications)

There is an option in Terminals that you can unselect to turn off the "Minimize To Tray" function and it should stay in your task bar when you minimise it instead.

Nov 5, 2009 at 11:08 PM

thank you for pointing me to where I should have checked first as it is obvious once i was told (and yes I feel like a ID 10 T)

excellent software